Welcome to Ringlet Bombshell's Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

Perfect Reflections On A Dirty Mirror: Poetry

You try so hard not to sweat, afraid that your hair will become Knotty and kinky

So you chose not to release toxins from your body

You laugh at me when I walk by  like I'm the little black girl without a comb who doesn't try

Why because I chose to rock a flower in my hair instead of formaldehyde.

I am not different. I'm exactly the person God meant.

I chose not to straighten up because the world goes round  so do my curls and my bump

I choose not to straighten because that's not us, that's them

And you with your head out of shape call me different

Well if I aint never heard a lie...

I see your jealousy is covered by fear, covered by ignorance.

I'm just saying...

I hope we haven't come so far only to be chained back to the house and field

Maybe because I'm plastered in animal print that makes me closer to the bush

The pot can indeed call the kettle black, the difference between the two is the kettle don't get mad when you call it that.

So you may laugh until realizing the barbie doll that you worship doesn't get darker or even tan

Maybe then you'll understand

Me and you, we're not so different.

Blessings, Natural Bombshell

1 comment:

goodhealthdiva said...

Oh my I am the first Follower so I guess I will go ahead and leave a comment! (smiles) Thanks for the poem and best wishes with the blog and all your other endeavors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...