Welcome to Ringlet Bombshell's Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Ringlet Butterfly

Hello all welcome to my Blog. I'm on my Bombshell kick. The name was referenced to me by my Cousin who is a natural bombshell herself. Never mind the fact that she has home grown silky hair.Natural is natural and I learned that you have to love and work with what you've got. Time had erased my memory of exactly what I have naturally but it wasn't this.



(Love this pic by the way.)









I went natural before this for two years! Even though its a distant memory, I loved the progress of my beautiful thick hair and I promised reverting back to the creamy crack had nothing to do with the pressure to be straight. The culprit was my naps! The dreaded word naps. Nobody wants to be called a nappy headed anything. Right, Don Imus?

So, we go extreme to prove were not so nappy                                                                                          



 .
Full Weave
   Sometimes it works for us. Sometimes it doesn't.   
What in the world...?
Yes, my naps were friend and foe. How could something so beautiful seem so evil?
I hide my naps under wigs and weaves because I was lost. I battled dryness, breakage, and just plain ole bird in the bush. That's when you find things in your fro which shouldn't be there and you have no idea how they wound up tangled in your tresses. So eventually I said F#*k that and reached for the creamy crack. 

I was in heaven :-) ..... until forgotten demons reappeared. Split ends, two textures, and Kyrptonite... I mean water. I figured out my naps weren't evil but I was evil to my naps.
Now I'm older and more educated on my naturalness I can rock my naptural hair with pride and health. Water is my best friend and the bird in the bush stays outside my window as I rock a sheik flower in my fro,

Thanks to Natural Chica and Naptural85 (just a couple of the other Ringlet Bombshells) I can be that Natural Ringlet Bombshell I'm intended to and oh so happy being.



Defined part in TWA with small Poly bands





                                                                                                                              Shout Outs



Blessings, Natural Bombshell
 

2 comments:

Nyla Coils said...

I totally agree with I figured out my naps weren't evil but I was evil to my naps. Also, I didn't know I could style my hair in so many ways. The last time I was natural, I knew of was the wash and go! Without proper care, my hair was a WASHandNO!

Ringlet Bombshell said...

Lol, thanks for your comment

Check out our Facebook page for more tips, tricks and pics.
www.facebook.com/ringletbombshell

~ Ringlet Bombshell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...